Cooking Seminars with Tammy Algood, Marketing Specialist TN Department of Agriculture
Tammy will once again be hosting the very popular demonstrations and cooking classes during the Toast of Jackson.
- Food & Wine Pairing #1 – Easy Appetizers
- Food & Wine Pairing #2 – Salads that can be Main Dishes
- Food & Wine Pairing #3 – DESSERT!
Attendees will have their whole dinner party planned!
Toast to Jackson is sanctioned by the Tennessee Farm Growers Association and the Pick Tennessee Products a division of the UT Ag Extension.
Here is a nice recipe to get you started…
Wine Infused Pasta with Fresh Herbs
- 3-1/ 4 cups dry red wine
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 pound dry pasta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Black pepper to taste
In a large saucepan, bring 3 cups of the wine and the water to a boil over high heat. Add a liberal pinch of salt and the pasta. Cook until al dente, then drain and reserve 1/ 4 cup of the cooking liquid. Place 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the garlic, cayenne and a liberal sprinkling of salt. Cook for 1 minute and add the remaining wine and reserved cooking liquid. Bring to a simmer and add the pasta. Cook 2 minutes and add the remaining oil, parsley, nuts, cheese, and pepper to taste. Serve warm.